BUFFALO SABRES (26-23-10) VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (35-18-5)
The Sabres finish off their season series against the Blackhawks at home.
· Tonight, the Sabres host the Chicago Blackhawks at KeyBank Center.
· Buffalo is 6-3-1 in the last 10 games.
· The Sabres are 15-10-4 on home ice in 2016-17.
· The Sabres take the ice two points behind the Bruins for the final Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
· Evander Kane had a goal and an assist Saturday against the Blues.
· The 25-year-old has six goals in nine games in February.
· Through 47 games, Kane has 20 goals and has reached the 20-goal plateau for the third time in his career
Dan Bylsma praises Buffalo's penalty kill which was so important late in the game and details how the club has turned things around as of late.
“We’ve been a team that’s been up and down and win one, lose one. And not any of us have been happy with that kind of result with our play, and Robin was one of those guys. I think he’s stepped up with his play in the last six, seven games.”
Buffalo native Patrick Kane has scored seven goals and six assists for 13 points in 12 career games vs. his hometown team, including a goal and two assists in his first meeting with the Sabres this season on Jan. 5.