MSG Media Collects 18 New York Emmy Awards
MSG Network Takes Home 16 Awards
85 Wins Over Past Six Years the Most of Any Network or Station in the Region
MSG Network’s “Friday Night Knicks” Sweeps Live Sports Categories
MSG+ and MSG.com Each Earn a Win
New York, NY (April 15, 2013) – The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) announced last night that MSG Media, which includes MSG Network, MSG+ and MSG.com, received 18 New York Emmy Awards – 16 for MSG Network and one each for MSG+ and MSG.com. The New York Emmy Awards recognize television and advanced media programs that were produced for telecast in New York state and northern New Jersey, and aired between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012.
MSG Network’s 16 wins gives the network 85 New York Emmy Awards over the past six years, more than any single network or station in the region, while MSG Media has totaled 97 during that time. Combined, MSG Network and MSG+ have won 197 Emmys over the history of the two networks.
“Friday Night Knicks,” MSG Network’s special music-themed production of Friday evening New York Knicks games, won two Emmys, for Live Sports Event: Program/Special and Live Sports Event: Series, to sweep the Live Sports categories.
“MSG Media is thrilled to receive 18 New York Emmy Awards, which recognizes our leadership position in live and original programming,” said Michael Bair, president, MSG Media. “MSG Media has earned 97 Emmy Awards over the past six years, and MSG Network’s 85 Emmy wins over that time frame tops all other local networks. We remain dedicated to providing the highest quality programming to our audiences, business partners and affiliates, and this recognition reflects our commitment to deliver programming that is equal to the teams and brands we represent. Most importantly, these awards reflect the talent of our employees who work so hard to bring this content to our viewers.”
“It’s an honor to be recognized by our peers in the television industry with 18 New York Emmy Awards for live sports coverage, original programming and interactive content,” said Daniel Ronayne, executive vice president and general manager of MSG Networks. “It’s a special honor to win both live sports event categories, which really is at the core of what we do and take great pride in at MSG Networks – delivering the very best game coverage for the seven professional teams that call MSG and MSG+ home. Today we thank and congratulate the staff at MSG Networks, as well as our production partners, whose passion and creativity made this all possible.”
In addition to the Live Sports wins, MSG Media’s New York Emmy Awards covered a wide variety of categories, including sports programming, on-camera talent, special events coverage, community service, promotion, directing, writing, editing, photography and lighting.
MSG Network and MSG+ earned a total of 11 wins for original productions, including five awards for “The Lineup: Hits and Errors - The Best and Worst Deals in New York Baseball” and one award for “The Game 365,” both hosted by veteran broadcaster Fran Healy, two awards for “The Garden Transformed: Year One,” and one award each for “The Road to MSG: Z100's Jingleball,” “10 to One,” and “Battle of the Badges.”
MSG’s Al Trautwig took home two Emmys in the On-Camera Talent categories, one for Host and one for Anchor. The wins were his sixth and seventh career individual New York Emmy Awards.
A complete list of 2013 New York Emmy Awards wins for MSG Media is included below:
2013 MSG Media New York Emmy Awards
1. SPORTS PROGRAMMING: REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM (MSG Network) “The Lineup: Hits and Errors - The Best and Worst Deals In New York Baseball: Worst Trades” – March 11, 2012
2. SPORTS PROGRAMMING: PROGRAM SERIES (MSG Network) “The Lineup: Hits And Errors - The Best and Worst Deals In New York Baseball” – March 11, 2012
3. SPORTS PROGRAMMING: SPECIAL (MSG Network) “Battle of the Badges” – August 26, 2012
4. LIVE SPORTS EVENT: PROGRAM/SPECIAL (MSG Network) Linsanity Continues: “Friday Night Knicks” vs. Lakers – February 10, 2012
5. LIVE SPORTS EVENT: SERIES (MSG Network) 2011-12 “Friday Night Knicks” – January 6, 2012
6. SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE (MSG Network) “The Road to MSG: Z100's Jingleball” 2011 – December 16, 2011
7. COMMUNITY/PUBLIC SERVICE – PSAS (MSG Network) MSG Celebrates Black History Month – February 1, 2012
8. COMMERCIAL: SINGLE SPOT/CAMPAIGN (MSG.com) New York Loves Dogs – December 1, 2011
9. ON-CAMERA TALENT: ANCHOR – SPORTS (MSG Network) Al Trautwig – October 8, 2011
10. ON-CAMERA TALENT: PROGRAM HOST/MODERATOR (MSG Network) Al Trautwig – October 4, 2011
11. ON-CAMERA TALENT: PERFORMER/NARRATOR (MSG Network) Billy Crudup “The Garden Transformed: Year One” – February 19, 2012
12. DIRECTOR: POST-PRODUCTION (MSG Network) “The Lineup” – March 11, 2012
13. WRITER: PROGRAM (MSG Network) “10 To One” – August 8, 2012
14. PHOTOGRAPHER: PROGRAM (MSG Network) “The Garden Transformed: Year One” – February 19, 2012
15. PHOTOGRAPHER: SPORTS (MSG+) “The Game 365” – September 12, 2011
16. EDITOR: SHORT FORM (MSG Network) Compilation – October 7, 2011
17. EDITOR: SPORTS (MSG Network) “The Lineup” – March 11, 2012
18. LIGHTING: STUDIO/LOCATION (MSG Network) “The Lineup” – March 11, 2012