RANGERS GAME 7 NOTES
- The Rangers are 9-5 all-time in Game 7s and have won their last six Game 7s, which is tied for an NHL record with the Red Wings (1949-64) and Bruins (1983-94).
- Henrik Lundqvist has won six straight Game 7s, an NHL record. In those games, he has allowed just five goals for a 0.83 GAA, with a .973 SV% with one shutout.
- Lundqvist’s six Game 7 wins are tied for the most in NHL history with Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy.
- Alain Vigneault is 5-1 all-time as a coach in Game 7s.
- Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider, Derick Brassard and Kevin Kleinare all undefeated in Game 7s played (minimum three games).
- Lundqvist has the lowest GAA is Game 7 history (minimum of three games played).
- The Rangers have never lost a Game 7 at home (7-0).
- The last six Game 7s at The Garden were one-goal wins. Each of the last three and five of the last six were 2-1 wins.
- The Rangers are the only team in NHL history to have played at least four Game 7s at home and won each contest.
- The Rangers’ nine all-time wins in Game 7 are tied for fifth among all NHL teams, and their seven all-time wins in Game 7 at home are tied for fourth among all NHL teams.
- Seven of the Rangers’ last 12 playoff series have gone seven games.
|Rangers’ All-Time Game 7s at MSG||Rangers’ Last Six Game 7s|
|1. 1992 Division Semifinals vs. NJD (NYR won 8-4)||1. 2015 Conference Semifinals vs. WSH (NYR won 2-1 in OT)|
|2. 1994 Conference Finals vs. NJD (NYR won 2-1 in 2 OT)||2. 2014 Conference Semifinals at PIT (NYR won 2-1)|
|3. 1994 Stanley Cup Final vs. VAN (NYR won 3-2)||3. 2014 Conference Quarterfinals vs PHI (NYR won 2-1)|
|4. 2012 Conference Quarterfinals vs. OTT (NYR won 2-1)||4. 2013 Conference Quarterfinals at WSH (NYR won 5-0)|
|5. 2012 Conference Semifinals vs. WSH (NYR won 2-1)||5. 2012 Conference Semifinals vs. WSH (NYR won 2-1)|
|6. 2014 Conference Quarterfinals vs. PHI (NYR won 2-1)||6. 2012 Conference Quarterfinals vs. Ott (NYR won 2-1)|
|7. 2015 Conference Semifinals vs. WSH (NYR won 2-1 in OT)|
GENERAL GAME 7 NOTES
- Home teams are 94-65 (.591) all-time in Game 7s. The home side is undefeated in Game 7s during the 2015 NHL Playoffs (3-0).
- The team that scores first is 117-42 all-time (.736).
- Forty Game 7s have required overtime (40-of-159, 25.2%). In the extra session, it’s an even split — the home team has won 20 times and the road team has won 20 times.
LIGHTNING GAME 7 NOTES
- Tampa has a 4-1 all-time record in Game 7s.
- The Lightning has twice played on the road in Game 7 of a playoff series, both in the same postseason. Tampa beat Pittsburgh, 1-0, in the first round of the 2011 NHL Playoffs and lost to the Bruins by the same score in the Eastern Conference Final.
- In 2004, the Lightning won both the Eastern Conference Final and Stanley Cup Final in Game 7 (both at home).
- Brian Boyle, Anton Stralman and Matt Carle are all undefeated in Game 7s (minimum four games played)
- The Lightning already won a Game 7 this postseason, defeating the Red Wings in the opening round of the playoffs at home.