MSG Network has partnered with Levity Entertainment Group – one of the largest producers of premium comedy specials worldwide – to bring viewers stand up comedy specials every Saturday night throughout the summer.
1. The Axis of Evil Comedy Tour is comprised of four comics of Middle Eastern descent: Ahmed Ahmed, Aron Kader, Maz Jobrani and Dean Obeidallah.
2. The group’s name is derived from a speech by former President George W. Bush, which designated Iraq, Iran and North Korea as the “Axis of Evil.”
3. Group was originally founded by stand up comedian Ahmed Ahmed in order to use jokes and humor to counter post-9/11 prejudice in the United States.
4. Ahmed Ahmed is of Egyptian descent. He moved to Hollywood when he was 19 years old to pursue a career as an actor and stand up comedian.
5. He has appeared in televsion shows such as Sullivan & Son on TBS and in several feature films including Swingers (1996), Iron Man (2008) and You Don’t Mess with the Zohan (2008).
6. Aron Kader is of Palestinian descent.
7. He organized the Comedy Cafe in 2009 as part of the Dubai Shopping Festival.
8. Maz Jobrani is of Iranian descent.
9. He has appeared in televsion shows such as 24 and Curb Your Enthusiam and in several feature films including Friday After Next (2002), 13 Going On 30 (2004) and The Interpreter (2008).
10. Dean Obeidallah is of Palestinian-Italian descent.
11. He is the co-founder of the New York Arab-American Comedy Festival.
12. All four comics are regular performers at The Comedy Store in Hollywood.
13. The Axis of Evil Comedy Tour were given their own Comedy Central special in March 2007.
14. Group broke up in 2011.