Get to know one of the newest Knicks with these facts about the second round pick.
Knicks second round pick Damyean Dotson sits down with Rebecca Haarlow to discuss what skills he brings to the team, waiting for his name to be called on draft night and much more.
- Dotson, 23, played at Oregon for two seasons before transferring to Houston
- He stands at 6-foot-5 and 205 pounds with a 6-foot-9 wingspan
- In his senior season, he averaged 17.4 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.9 steals, and 3.4 3-pointers per game and was named to the All-American Athletic Conference First Team
- His specialty is from long range, as he shot 44.4 percent on 3-pointers last season
- Dotson was named MVP of the Portsmouth Invitational, averaging 15 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in three games
What They’re Saying
“Damyean has been a very high IQ basketball player. High IQ guys make good decisions; he has been very good at that. He goes two for nine for the 3, but I want him to take those same nine shots next game. He can go nine for nine; he’s that good of a shooter.” – Houston coach Kelvin Sampson