- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. WBAB ISLANDERS PLAYER TO WATCH SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals, who are 18 or older, who currently reside or work within the WBAB broadcast area. Employees of Cox Media Group Long Island/WBAB (“Sponsor”), MSGN Holdings, L.P. and/or its affiliated companies, The New York Islanders, the National Hockey League and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P. (collectively, “NHL Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, other New York area radio stations, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will take place between 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time (“E.T.”) on January 21, 2021, and 8:50 a.m. E.T. on May 6, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. All times are in Eastern Time.
To participate in the Sweepstakes, participants must watch one of the New York Islanders broadcasts on MSG Plus, MSG Plus 2 or MSG listed below. During each broadcast, MSG Networks will announce the “WBAB Islanders Player to Watch”. The morning following each game, at approximately 8:50 am E.T., participants must listen to 102.3 WBAB for the “Cue to Call”. At that time, WBAB will start with caller 20 at 631-955-WBAB and award the prize to the participant who provides the correct answer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The “WBAB Islanders Player to Watch” will also be posted on www.msgnetworks.com/wbabsweeps following the end of the applicable broadcast until 8:00 a.m. E.T. the following day.
If no participant provides the correct answer after 50 attempts, the prize will go unawarded.
The following is a schedule of games where the “WBAB Player of the Game” will be announced by MSG Networks:
- Jan 21 vs. NJ Devils at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Jan 28 vs. Wash. Capitals at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 4 vs. Buff. Sabres at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 8 vs. NY Rangers at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Ross Johnston Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 11 vs. Pitt. Penguins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Anders Lee Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 16 vs. Buff. Sabres at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00)
- Feb. 18 vs. Pitt Penguins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Noah Dobson Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 23 vs. NJ Devils at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Feb. 25 vs. Bos. Bruins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Ross Johnston Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 9 vs. Bos. Bruins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Scott Mayfield Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 11 vs. NJ Devils at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 16 vs. Wash. Capitals at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Anthony Beauvillier Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 18 vs. Phl. Flyers at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Ross Johnston Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 25 vs. Bos. Bruins at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- March 30 vs. Pitt. Penguins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Noah Dobson Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- April 1 vs. Wash. Capitals at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Ross Johnston Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- April 6 vs. Wash. Capitals at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Anthony Beauvillier Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00 – $150.00).
- April 8 vs. Phl. Flyers at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- April 13 vs. Bos. Bruins at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Ryan Bullock Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- April 20 vs. NY Rangers at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Scott Mayfield Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Thurs April 22 vs. Wash. Capitals at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- April 27 vs. NJ Devils at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Anthony Beauvillier Signed Puck ($50.00-$150.00).
- April 29 vs. NY Rangers at 7:00 pm on MSG+2 – Prize: Ryan Pullock Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- May 4 vs. Buff. Sabres at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Team Signed Hockey Stick (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- May 6 vs. NJ Devils at 7:00 pm on MSG+ – Prize: Anthony Beauvillier Signed Puck (ARV: $50.00-$150.00).
- Winner Selection and Odds. The Sponsor will award the prize to the participant who provides the correct answer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, starting with caller 20 at 631-955-WBAB. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants and the timing of their calls.
- Twenty-Five (25) Prizes (one (1) per participating game): Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, all prize winners will each receive an Islander autographed item. Approximate Retail Value per prize package: $50.00-$150.00. Actual value of autographed merchandise may vary based on market fluctuations. Autographed merchandise is not game used. All prizes are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and will be announced each morning during the “Cue to Call”.
Winner does not get to choose autographed item.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household for this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner is found to have won this Sweepstakes on WBAB within the Sweepstakes Period, that winner will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner Requirements. To claim his/her prize, arrangements will be made to ship the prize to the potential winner within thirty (30) days after notification (unless otherwise specified by Sponsor due to nature of prize) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) prior to claiming their prize.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees and designees of his or her name, biographical information, voice, recording of his/her call-in entry, and likeness in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, including the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation or permission.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes for the broadcast at issue as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., MSGN HOLDINGS, L.P. AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, NHL ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that RELEASED PARTIES make no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and RELEASED PARTIES hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner OR ANY CANCELLATION OR PREeMPTION OF THE BROADCAST OF ANY PARTICIPATING GAME; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The WBAB ISLANDERS PLYER TO WATCH SWWEEPSTAKES is sponsored by Cox Media Group/WBAB. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Released Parties will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. WBAB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Sweepstakes which will become effective upon announcement.
For a list of winners (available after May 6, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit WBAB.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WBAB MSG PLUS/ISLANDERS PLAYER TO WATCH SWEEPSTAKES, 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11375, for receipt by no later than May 5, 2020. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact WBAB Promotions at 631-587-1023.
MSGN Holdings, L.P., its affiliated companies and the NHL Entities are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes and are in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to MSGN Holdings, L.P., any of its affiliated companies or any of the NHL Entities.
The WBAB Player To Watch is Matt Barzal.