NEW YORK ISLANDERS (26-20-10) AT NEW JERSEY DEVILS (24-23-10)
1 Where They Stand
- Tonight the Islanders head to New Jersey to face the Devils for the first time this season.
- New York is 6-3-1 in the last 10 games.
- The Isles are 7-12-4 on the road in 2016-17.
- The Islanders currently sit one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for the final Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference.
2 Who's on Fire?
- Captain John Tavares picked up a pair of assists Thursday against the Rangers.
- No. 91 now has a goal and six assists in eight games in the month of February, including five assists in his past five games.
- Tavares has scored 12 goals and nine assists for 21 points in 30 career games against the Devils.
3 Say What?
“Every team goes through it, you’ve got to win on the road, so it’s a challenge for us. We’ve got to find a way to bottle that home feeling we’ve had. Everybody has road trips. I remember we used to have the rodeo in Edmonton; we were gone for 23 days every single year the same time.’’
— Islanders coach Doug Weight on the prospects of playing ten of their next eleven games on the road.
4 Stat of the Day
- Stephen Gionta spent 10 seasons with the Devils organization (AHL and NHL combined) and was a member of their 2012 Eastern Conference Championship team.
- Devils’ forward P.A. Parenteau skated in 161 games for the Islanders from 2010-2012.
- Islanders’ goaltending coach Mike Dunham spent five seasons with the Devils from 1993-1998 and won the AHL Calder Cup with the Albany River Rats in 1995.