NEW YORK ISLANDERS (32-24-11) vs. CAROLINA HURRICANES (27-27-11)
1 Where they Stand
- Tonight the Islanders return home to Barclays Center to face the Carolina Hurricanes for the third time this season
- The Isles are 6-3-1 in the last 10 games
- New York is 20-8-6 on home ice in 2016-17
- The Islanders currently sit one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for the final Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference
2 Who's Hot
- No. 91 now has points in four straight games (two goals, three assists), giving him 25 goals and 33 assists for a team-leading 58 points
- In two games against the Hurricanes this season, Tavares has two goals in an average time-on-ice of 18:41
3 Say What?
“I think all we can do is keep chucking forward. We’re still in a good spot. We know we’re right there battling for that last wild card.”
— Islanders’ captain, John Tavares after Saturday’s 4-3 loss to the St. Louis Blues
4 Did You Know?
Islanders forward Andrew Ladd was drafted fourth overall by Carolina in 2004, and was a member of the Hurricanes’ 2006 Stanley Cup-winning team.
5 MUST-SEE VIDEO
John Tavares talks about finally returning to Brooklyn and playing in front of the hometown fans, after playing nine games on the road