NEW YORK ISLANDERS (32-24-11) vs. CAROLINA HURRICANES (27-27-11)
1 Where they Stand
- Tonight the Islanders return home to Barclays Center to face the Carolina Hurricanes for the third time this season
- The Isles are 6-3-1 in the last 10 games
- New York is 20-8-6 on home ice in 2016-17
- The Islanders currently sit one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for the final Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference
2 Who's Hot
- No. 91 now has points in four straight games (two goals, three assists), giving him 25 goals and 33 assists for a team-leading 58 points
- In two games against the Hurricanes this season, Tavares has two goals in an average time-on-ice of 18:41
3 Say What?
“I think all we can do is keep chucking forward. We’re still in a good spot. We know we’re right there battling for that last wild card.”
— Islanders’ captain, John Tavares after Saturday’s 4-3 loss to the St. Louis Blues
4 Did You Know?
Islanders forward Andrew Ladd was drafted fourth overall by Carolina in 2004, and was a member of the Hurricanes’ 2006 Stanley Cup-winning team.
5 MUST-SEE VIDEO
John Tavares talks about finally returning to Brooklyn and playing in front of the hometown fans, after playing nine games on the road
John Tavares is looking forward to return home and recharge after a long stretch of away games, stating the Isles still have a one game at a time mentality.