NEW YORK ISLANDERS (25-20-10) VS. NEW YORK RANGERS (37-18-1)
1 Where They Stand
- Tonight the Islanders host the Rangers for the third game between the clubs this season.
- New York is 6-3-1 in the last 10 games.
- The Isles are 18-8-6 on home ice in 2016-17.
- The Islanders currently sit three points behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for the final Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference.
2 Who's on Fire?
- Isles forward Jason Chimera scored on a penalty shot Tuesday in Toronto.
- The first-year Islander has three goals in his past four contests.
- Chimera now has 14 goals and is gunning to break the 20-goal plateau for the third time in his career.
- The 37-year-old has a goal in two games against the Blueshirts this season.
3 Say What?
“You obviously lick your wounds a little bit tonight, review how we can be better tomorrow, try to make some adjustments. We want to be a little sharper, be a little better, probably be a little bit grittier than we were tonight for our next game.”
4 Stat of the Day
- Rick Nash and Jason Chimera were teammates on the Columbus Blue Jackets for parts of five seasons (2005-06 – 2009-10).
- Islanders Coach Doug Weight played parts of three seasons with the Rangers (1990-91 – 1992-93).
5 Must-See Video
Ryan Strome lets out some frustration in Toronto.