Eliminated from playoff contention last night, the Islanders will look to close out the season on a high-note.
1 WHERE THEY STAND
- Tonight the Islanders host the Ottawa Senators for their third meeting this season
- The Isles are 7-3-0 in the last 10 games
- New York is 21-12-7 on home ice in 2016-17
2 WHO'S HOT
- Isles’ forward, Anders Lee scored two goals vs. the New Jersey Devils Saturday
- The 26-year-old now has five goals and an assist in his past five games
- Lee begins the night with a goal and is a plus-1 in two games vs. Ottawa this season
3 SAY WHAT?
Anders Lee discusses how the Isles were able to overcome a sluggish first-period after Adam Pelech scored a huge goal, and credits Jaroslav Halak on a solid performance.
“I just think a lot of guys have really stepped up. In the absence of Johnny, we’ve all stuck together and had a good focus and we had a job six games ago to close it out the best we could and we’ve done that so far.”
— Anders Lee, after Saturday’s win over New Jersey, and before the Toronto Maple Leafs locked up the final playoff berth in the Eastern Conference
4 DID YOU KNOW?
The most goals the Islanders scored in a game vs. the Senators was nine, coming on Dec. 17, 1992 in a 9-3 win.
5 MUST-SEE VIDEO
Brendan Burke and Butch Goring analyze a must-win game for the Islanders, with a huge goal from Adam Pelech while Anders Lee kept the game out of reach for New Jersey.