The Rangers look to take both games in Montreal.
Following the Knicks Opener Tonight, Watch Knicks Extra Live on MSG.
1 WHERE THEY STAND
- Tonight the Rangers will faceoff against the Montreal Canadiens for Game Two of the Eastern Conference First Round Playoffs, looking to go up two games to zero following Wednesday’s 2-0 Game 1 win
- New York was the first visiting team to win by shutout at Montreal in the Canadiens’ postseason opener since the Buffalo Sabres did so in 1983
- The Blueshirts are now tied for the NHL lead in playoff road wins since the start of the 2014 Playoffs (13)
- The Rangers posted a shutout in their first game of a playoff year for the first time since 1994 (6-0 win against the Islanders in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals — a year in which they went on to win the Stanley Cup
2 WHO'S HOT
- Rangers’ forward Tanner Glass picked up his first Rangers’ playoff goal (2nd career playoff goal) Wednesday in Game 1
- The 6’1” 213 lb. left wing will continue to use his size and pesky style to create opportunities for the Blueshirts throughout the series
3 SAY WHAT?
Alain Vigneault talks about Henrik Lundqvist's performance and what his team did well in the series opener against Montreal.
“We didn’t put out there that Hank is going to have a hard time here. We’ve always had a lot of confidence in his game and what he did tonight was what we expected.”
4 DID YOU KNOW?
Henrik Lundqvist has allowed two goals or fewer in regulation in six of his seven career playoff appearances against the Canadiens.
5 MUST-SEE VIDEO
Steve Valiquette and Ron Duguay take another look at why Henrik Lundqvist was effective in Game 1 against the Canadiens.