NEW YORK RANGERS (38-19-2) at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (28-20-11)
Game coverage begins at 7 PM on MSG
1 Where They Stand
• Tonight the Rangers travel north of the border to Air Canada Center to face the Toronto Maple Leafs for the third and final meeting between the Original Six clubs this season.
• New York is 7-2-1 in the last 10 games.
• The Blueshirts are 19-8-0 away from The Garden in 2016-17.
• The Rangers currently own the first Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference with 78 points.
2 Who's on Fire?
• Rick Nash scored a goal in the second period Tuesday to knot the Blueshirts and Canadiens at two-goals apiece.
• No. 61 now has points in three straight games (one goal, two assists), and has tallied four points in his past five.
• Nash has one assist in two games against Toronto this season, and has 17 goals with 13 assists for 30 points in 47 games.
3 Say What?
“We played a good game. We did a lot of good things. We played well enough to win it. It came down to some extra shots in the end here, but we definitely had the looks and we worked hard all over the ice. We just played a really good team; they had a strong game as well. There are a lot of good things to take with us here for next game.”
—Henrik Lundqvist reflecting on the Blueshirts’ tight 3-2 shootout loss Tuesday
4 Stat of the Day
• The first game between the Original Six clubs took place on November 20, 1926 with the Rangers defeating the Toronto St. Patricks 5-1 at Mutual Street Arena.
• Defenseman Matt Hunwick played 55 games for the Rangers during the 2014-15 season and tallied 11 points (2 goals, 9 assists).