The Rangers play their final road game of the season against former Blueshirt Derick Brassard and the Senators.
1 Where They Stand
- The Rangers travel north of the border to Ottawa to face the Senators for the third time this season.
- New York is 3-3-4 in the last 10 games.
- The Blueshirts are 27-11-2 on the road in 2016-17.
- The Rangers have clinched the first Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference and will face the Montreal Canadiens in the opening round of the NHL playoffs.
2 Who's Hot?
- Chris Kreider has scored two goals in his last three games. He also has a plus-1 rating during that stretch.
- The 6-foot-3 winger leads the Blueshirts in goals this season with 28 tallies in 74 games.
- Kreider has recorded eight points (four goals, four assists) in his last nine games vs. Ottawa.
3 Say What?
Henrik Lundqvist gives his thoughts on the Rangers' performance with several players out of the lineup against the Capitals.
“It was a little different feel obviously in the locker room. You’re going to notice that. There’s no question. If you can’t tell a difference when that many good players are gone, something’s up.”
4 Did You Know?
Alain Vigneault’s first coaching position in the NHL was as an Assistant Coach with the Senators. Vigneault joined the Sens for their inaugural NHL season in 1992-93.