The Rangers look to even the series tonight at The Garden.
1 WHERE THEY STAND
- Tonight the Rangers host the Montreal Canadiens at Madison Square Garden for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference First Round Playoffs
- The Rangers have won five of the last seven playoff games they have played when trailing in a series, dating back to Game 5 of the second round vs. Washington in 2015
- The Blueshirts have won Game 4 in four of their last six playoff series, dating back to the Eastern Conference Final vs. Montreal in 2014
- The Rangers posted a 23-7-4 record in games following a loss during the regular season in 2016-17. Additionally, the Rangers did not have a losing streak or a winless streak longer than three games during the regular season
2 WHO'S HOT
- The first-year Rangers’ center now has two goals and seven assists for nine points in 19 career playoff games
- Zibanejad has played 14 of his 19 career NHL playoff games against Montreal and has tallied three points (all assists) in his last five playoff games vs. the Habs
3 SAY WHAT?
Alain Vigneault is disappointed with the play of his club against the Habs in Game 3, stating his best line was the fourth line while his best players need to step it up.
“They’re playing very well defensively. You have to give them a lot of credit. Structurally, they’re very sound and at this time right now our best line is our fourth line. Our top players need to find their game. They obviously don’t have it right now.”
— Rangers’ coach, Alain Vigneault on whether the loss was because of the Blueshirts’ poor play, or due to a tight Canadiens’ defensive game