NEW YORK RANGERS (38-19-1) vs. MONTREAL CANADIENS (31-20-8)
Game coverage begins at 6:30 PM on MSG
1 Where They Stand
- Tonight the Rangers host the Montreal Canadiens for the second game of the season between the Original Six clubs
- New York is 7-3-0 in the last 10 games
- The Blueshirts are 19-11-1 at The Garden in 2016-17
- The Rangers currently own the first Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference and would face the Candiens if the season ended today
2 Who's On Fire
- Mats Zuccarello scored the game-winning goal in the third period Sunday vs. the Capitals, helping the Blueshirts to a 2-1 win over the Capitals
- No. 36 now has 12 goals, and a team-leading 31 assists for 43 points this season
- In his first game against the Habs this season Zuccarello picked up an assist in 20:24 of ice-time
3 Say What?
Head coach Alain Vigneault shares his thoughts on how his team competed against the Washington Capitals.
“In this league with the fine line that separates every team, you have to find different ways, and that’s what we did. We went in there in the third more on our toes. We had to check real well and we had to get some saves, and we did. That’s a real strong hockey team. They’re not in first place in the league for nothing.”
– Rangers coach Alain Vigneault reflecting on the Blueshirts’ gritty 2-1 win Sunday over the league-leading Washington Capitals at The Garden
4 Did You Know?
Eight of the last 12 meetings between the Rangers and Canadiens have resulted in a shutout for one of the two squads