BUFFALO SABRES (27-26-12) at PITTSBURGH PENGUINS (39-16-8)
Game coverage begins at 4:30 PM on MSG-B
1 WHERE THEY STAND
- Tonight the Sabres head to Pittsburgh to face the Penguins for the second time this season
- The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games
- Buffalo is 11-15-6 on the road in 2016-17
- The Sabres take the ice five points behind the New York Islanders for the final Wild Card slot in the Eastern Conference
2 WHO'S HOT
- Sabres’ center, Jack Eichel gained an assist Saturday, giving him points in nine straight games
- The 2015 second overall pick now has two goals and seven assists for nine points in his past six games and has 15 goals with 26 assists for 41 points in 44 games this season
- Eichel is only the second Sabres’ player to score 40-plus points in his first two seasons in Western New York in the past 25 years (Thomas Vanek was the other)
3 SAY WHAT?
“It’s no secret I’m not the best at shootouts. I’m working on it. It’s different. It’s not hockey.”
— Sabres goalie, Robin Lehner said after falling 2-1 in a shootout to Tampa Bay Saturday
4 DID YOU KNOW?
Sabres’ coach, Dan Bylsma became the Penguins’ head coach during the 2008-09 season and led the team to an 18-3-0 record to close the regular season, and eventually won the Stanley Cup. Overall, he posted a 252-117-32 record in Pittsburgh in 401 games coached from 2008 through 2014. Bylsma also won the Jack Adams award while with the Penguins after the 2010-11 season.