- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. WBAB ISLANDERS PLAYER TO WATCH SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals, who are 18 or older, who currently reside or work within the WBAB broadcast area. Employees of CMG NY/TX Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island (“Sponsor”), MSGN Holdings, L.P., MSG Entertainment Group, LLC, and/or its affiliated companies, The New York Islanders, the National Hockey League and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P. (collectively, the “NHL Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, other New York area radio stations, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will take place between 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time (“E.T.”) on October 13, 2022, and 12:00 p.m. E.T. on April 13, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. All times are in Eastern Time.
To participate in the Sweepstakes, participants must watch one of the New York Islanders game broadcasts on MSGSN/MSGSN2 listed below. During each game broadcast, MSG Networks will announce the “WBAB Islanders Player to Watch”. The morning following each game, at approximately 8:50 am E.T., participants must listen to 102.3 WBAB (the “Station”) for the “Cue to Call” asking callers to identify the Islanders Player to Watch from the previous night’s game. When you hear the Cue to Call, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes line at 631-955-WBAB to try to be the 20th caller. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the 20th person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be designated a potential winner. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects. Up to one (1) daily winner will be selected for each Cue during the Sweepstakes Period, for a maximum total of twenty-four (24) winners.
The “WBAB Islanders Player to Watch” will also be posted on www.msgnetworks.com/wbabsweeps following the end of the applicable broadcast until 8:00 a.m. E.T. the following day.
If the selected 20th caller does not provide the correct answer for the Cue to Call, Sponsor may permit additional call-in attempts (up to a maximum of fifty (50)). After 50 attempts, the prize will go unawarded.
The following is a schedule of the game broadcasts where the “WBAB Player of the Game” will be announced by MSG Networks:
|TIME (ET)||TV||PRIZE – 2 Tickets||MERCH and VALUE||VALUE|
|Thu||13-Oct||Florida||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs San Jose 10/18/22||Islanders Team Signed Jersey $250||$300|
|Tue||18-Oct||San Jose||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Colorado 10/29/22||Islanders Team Signed Hat $200||$300|
|Sun||23-Oct||ISLANDERS||at Florida||5:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Calgary 11/7/22||Wahlstrom Signed Islanders Jersey $225||$300|
|Fri||28-Oct||ISLANDERS||at Carolina||7:00 PM||MSGSN2||vs Arizona 11/10/22||Sorokin Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Tue||1-Nov||ISLANDERS||at Chicago||8:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Columbus 11/12/22||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Thu||3-Nov||ISLANDERS||at St. Louis||8:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Edmonton 11/23/22||Pageau Signed Islanders Jersey $225||$300|
|Tue||8-Nov||ISLANDERS||at NY Rangers||7:00 PM||MSGSN2||vs Philadelphia 11/26/22||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Thu||10-Nov||Arizona||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Nashville 12/2/22||Cizikas Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Thu||17-Nov||ISLANDERS||at Nashville||8:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Chicago 12/4/22||Islanders Team Signed Jersey $250||$300|
|Mon||21-Nov||ISLANDERS||at Toronto||7:30 PM||MSGSN2||vs St. Louis 12/6/22||Wahlstrom Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Tue||6-Dec||St. Louis||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Carolina 12/10/22||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Tue||13-Dec||ISLANDERS||at Boston||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Florida 12/23/22||Beajuvillier Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Mon||19-Dec||ISLANDERS||at Colorado||9:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Pittsburgh 12/27/22||Islanders Team Signed Hat $200||$300|
|Thu||22-Dec||ISLANDERS||at NY Rangers||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Columbus 12/29/22||Mayfield Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Tue||3-Jan||ISLANDERS||at Vancouver||10:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Minnesota 1/12/23||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||
|Thu||5-Jan||ISLANDERS||at Edmonton||9:00 PM||MSGSN2||vs Montreal 1/14/23||Islanders Team Signed Hat $200||
|Tue||10-Jan||Dallas||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Washington 1/16/23||Islanders Team Signed Jersey $250||
|Thu||12-Jan||Minnesota||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Boston 1/18/23||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Thu||19-Jan||ISLANDERS||at Buffalo||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Detroit 1/27/23||Nelson Signed Islanders Jersey $225||
|Mon||23-Jan||ISLANDERS||at Toronto||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Vegas 1/28/23||Matt Barzal Signed Mini Helmet $50||
|Wed||25-Jan||ISLANDERS||at Ottawa||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Seattle 2/7/23||Beauvillier Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Mon||6-Feb||ISLANDERS||at Philadelphia||7:00 PM||MSGSN2||vs Vancouver 2/9/23||Islanders Signed Puck TBD $50||$300|
|Thu||9-Feb||Vancouver||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Pittsburgh 2/17/23||Pageau Signed Mini Helmet $50||$300|
|Tue||14-Feb||Ottawa||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Winnipeg 2/22/23||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Mon||20-Feb||ISLANDERS||at Pittsburgh||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Detroit 3/4/23||Islanders Signed Puck TBD $50||$300|
|Wed||22-Feb||Winnipeg||at ISLANDERS||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Buffalo 3/7/23||Mayfield Signed Islanders Puck $50||$300|
|Thu||9-Mar||ISLANDERS||at Pittsburgh||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Toronto 3/21/23||Islanders Signed Puck TBD $50||$300|
|Tue||14-Mar||ISLANDERS||at Los Angeles||10:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Buffalo 3/25/23||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Wed||15-Mar||ISLANDERS||at Anaheim||10:00 PM||MSGSN||vs New Jersey 3/27/23||Islanders Signed Puck TBD $50||$300|
|Mon||27-Mar||New Jersey||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Tampa Bay 4/6/23||Pelech Signed Mini Helmet $50||$300|
|Thu||6-Apr||Tampa Bay||at ISLANDERS||7:30 PM||MSGSN||vs Philadelphia 4/8/23||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
|Mon||10-Apr||ISLANDERS||at Washington||7:00 PM||MSGSN||vs Montreal 4/12/23||Islanders Signed Puck TBD $50||$300|
|Wed||12-Apr||Montréal||at ISLANDERS||7:00 PM||MSGSN||Playoff Tix TBD||Islanders Team Signed Stick $250||$300|
To become a winner, (a) you must be listening to the Station at the time the announcement is broadcast; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the 20th person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes’ operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes announcement to determine the 20th caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects. Enter as often as you like, but you may only be selected as the winner once provided that automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry into a call-in Sweepstakes shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor.
Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during a call-in period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting the 20th caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of winning opportunities awarded in this Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If a 20th caller is ineligible or fails to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified, and no daily winner will be selected during that call-in period. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid New York driver’s license or New York state-issued ID (or other proof of residency, such as a copy of a utility bill), subject to the Sweepstakes’ eligibility requirements. If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
- Winner Selection and Odds. The Sponsor will award the prize to the participant who provides the correct answer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, starting with caller 20 at 631-955-WBAB. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants and the timing of their calls.
- Prize packages (one (1) per participating game): Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, prize winners will receive the prize indicated in the above chart. Actual Retail Value (ARV): $350.00-$550.00.
Ticket Prizes: Travel to and from venue are not included as part of prize. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Sponsor is not responsible if a game is delayed, postponed or cancelled or if fans are not permitted to be in attendance due to the pandemic or any other reason; no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets; terms of the tickets shall govern. Seating to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Winners and guests agree to abide by all venue rules and regulations in effect as of the date of the event, which may include providing proof that both of winners and guests have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to the event date. See msg.com/faqs for details, including requirements for guests under age 12. Failure to do may result in forfeiture of prize. If winner cannot attend on date indicated above, prize will be forfeited. Winner and guest fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
Merchandise Prize: Actual value of autographed merchandise may vary based on market fluctuations. Autographed merchandise is not game used. All prizes are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and will be announced each morning during the “Cue to Call”. Winner does not get to choose autographed item.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household for this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner is found to have won this Sweepstakes on WBAB within the Sweepstakes Period, that winner will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner Requirements. To claim his/her prize, at the time Sponsor notifies the potential winner, if the prize is tickets, potential winner must provide proof of being fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 in a form acceptable to Sponsor within 24 hours of such notification. For the avoidance of doubt, the term “fully-vaccinated” means that the required waiting period following the second or single dose shot (as determined by the COVID-19 vaccination received) has been met. If a ticket prize, prize must be claimed by winner at Will-Call at USB Arena by no later than TIME of date of game. Winner will be provided to show valid government-issued photo I.D.
If prize is not tickets, arrangements will be made for curbside pick-up of prize by winner within thirty (30) days after notification (unless otherwise specified by Sponsor due to nature of prize) at Sponsor’s offices. Sponsor’s office is located at 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704 and is open between the hours of 9:00 a.m. ET and 5:30 p.m. ET weekdays. Winner must present a valid government-issued photo I.D. to claim prize.
Potential winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) prior to claiming their prize.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees and designees of his or her name, biographical information, voice, recording of his/her call-in entry, and likeness in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, including the Internet, worldwide in perpetuity, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation or permission.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes for the broadcast at issue as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, MSGN HOLDINGS, L.P. AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, NHL ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, participants acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that RELEASED PARTIES make no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and RELEASED PARTIES hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner OR ANY CANCELLATION OR PREEMPTION OF THE BROADCAST OF ANY PARTICIPATING GAME; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The WBAB ISLANDERS PLAYER TO WATCH SWEEPSTAKES is sponsored by CMG NY/TX Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Released Parties will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. WBAB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Sweepstakes which will become effective upon announcement.
For a list of winners (available after April 30, 2023) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit WBAB.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WBAB MSG PLUS/ISLANDERS PLAYER TO WATCH SWEEPSTAKES, 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11375, for receipt by no later than May 31, 2023. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact WBAB Promotions at 631-587-1023.
MSGN Holdings, L.P., MSG Entertainment Group, LLC, its affiliated companies and the NHL Entities are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes and are in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to MSGN Holdings, L.P., MSG Entertainment Group, LLC, any of its affiliated companies or any of the NHL Entities.
The WBAB Player To Watch is Bo Horvat.